Zoom Webinars are a useful, secure tool for hosting live events tailored for a wide public audience. Webinars are view-only. This means only hosts and panelists share audio, video, and content with the attendees.
Panelists are full participants in the meeting. They can view and send video, screen share, annotate, etc. You can have 100 panelists (including the host) in a Webinar. Please note that panelists will receive a direct email invitation separate from the attendees of the Webinar.
Attendees are view-only participants who can be unmuted if the host chooses. Their view of the webinar is controlled by the host. They can interact with the host and the panelists through the Q&A and the chat.
For an in-depth breakdown of Zoom's Webinar features, be sure to check out Zoom Support's Webinar Training Video.
For those who are looking to host a single Webinar event and do not want to purchase an annual license, VCS offers the following Webinar services:
- Facilitated Webinar - VCS will provide in-call support during your webinar, setup up with your webinar license.
- License Lending - VCS will assign a temporary license for your event. We can assist with setup and practice sessions*. In-call support available if needed.
Due to a limited number of licenses, lending will only be available 24 hours prior to your event. If you would like to send out your Webinar link before this time or already possess a meeting link, VCS can upgrade your existing meeting to a Webinar without changing its associated link.
- Facilitated License Lending - VCS will use its license to provide setup, practice, and in-call support.
- Hybrid service - If you are hosting an event on campus and want to broadcast via Webinar, VCS will provide an on-site support team with broadcasting equipment. This also includes Webinar setup, practice, and in-call support.
COVID19 safety: We will adhere to university and county distancing and safety regulations. We reserve the right to not perform services for any event not adhering to safety guidelines.
*It is encouraged to set up your Webinar with a practice session. This allows you to use the Webinar link to allow hosts and panelists to familiarize themselves with the Webinar features without broadcasting to attendees.
More information about practice sessions can be found here. If you have questions about our services and/or pricing, VCS can be reached by calling the UF Computing Help Desk at (352) 392-HELP, Menu Option #2, or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Requesting Webinar Support
To request a Webinar Service e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with which type of webinar service you require along with the following information.
- Title of Webinar Event
- Description of Event
- Date and Time
- Estimated Number of Attendees
Purchasing a Webinar License
- Create a Zoom request in myIT
- The subject should be "Request a Zoom Webinar license." and include the size of license needed: 100; 500; 1,000; 3,000; 5,000; or 10,000. This will generate a ticket to the Help Desk which will be addressed as quickly as possible.
- You will receive an email indicating when your webinar license has been assigned and the ticket is resolved.
- Webinar licenses are billed annually and renewed each August.
- New license purchases will be prorated for August renewal.
- For more information about Webinars please visit: https://zoom.us/webinar
Webinar License Pricing:
- 100 seat license - $400 per year
- 500 seat license - $1,400 per year
- 1,000 seat license - $3,400 per year
- 3,000 seat license - $9,900 per year
- 5,000 seat license - $24,900 per year
- 10,000 seat license - $64,900 per year
Webinar Event Support Pricing
- Webinar Setup and Testing - $75
- Webinar License Lending, 1,000 seat license - $250 per half day
- Webinar License Lending, 10,000 seat license - $400 per half day
- Webinar In-Call Support - $75 per hour
- Webinar Hybrid Support - Contact for pricing
Webinar license lending is subject to availability.