Media Streaming and Storage
Media Storage Accounts are provided for storage of audio & video media files. Windows Media (WMV) files stored on a Media Storage Account can be viewed with the Windows Media Player on Windows computers, or using the free Flip4Mac player on Macintoshes.
There is no per-stream or other direct cost associated with streaming of stored video files. However, there may be a cost associated with storing those video files.
HelpBelow is a sample configuration for accessing and uploading content to a typical Media Storage Account. For detailed information see streaming.video.ufl.edu.
|Gatorlink User Id:||bogie|
|Media File Name:||acaseofblank.wmv|
- Create the media file named acaseofblank.wmv
- Create the text file named myvideo.asx which contains the pointer text shown below.
- Use FTP to log in to streaming.video.ufl.edu with the username: filmnoir and the password: bogie/ILoveIngrid
- Transfer acaseofblank.wmv to the real directory.
- Transfer myvideo.asx to the public_html directory.
- Use this link to access the media: http://streaming.video.ufl.edu/~filmnoir/myvideo.asx
To request a Media Storage Account, please complete the Service Request Form.