Streaming video storage is available to faculty and staff with a MyMediasite account. You have the ability to upload, edit, and manage your own content, with hosting on the VCS Mediasite server. Faculty and staff are provided free storage for instructional purposes.
With a MyMediasite account, faculty and staff are also able to download the Mediasite Desktop Recorder, which allows you to capture high-quality slideshows or screencasts that preserve every annotation and screen movement. Pair your content with webcam video or simply a voice-over, and the Mediasite Desktop Recorder synchronizes everything you say and show.
Use the Request Service form to request your MyMediasite Profile.
MyMediasite Login Page
AFTER your MyMediasite Profile request has been completed, you may login to MyMediasite here: https://mediasite.video.ufl.edu/mediasite/MyMediasite
- Introduction to MyMediasite (Video)
- Activating the Mediasite 7 Module in Canvas (PDF) (Video)
- Accessing MyMediasite in Canvas (PDF) (Video)
- Desktop Recorder Setup Guide (PDF) (Video)
- Using Mediasite Desktop Recorder (PDF) (Video)
- Uploading Videos (PDF) (Video)
- Editing Videos in MyMediasite (PDF) (Video)
- Replacing Media (PDF) (Video)
- Creating Channels (PDF) (Video)
- Downloading Your Presentations (PDF) (Video)
- Enabling Vodcasts on Your MyMediasite Presentation (PDF) (Video)
- Using Analytics (PDF) (Video)
- Adjusting Video Permissions In MyMediasite (PDF) (Video)
- Mediasite Quizzes (PDF) (Video)
Mediasite Content Retention Policy
(1) Mediasite presentations will be available and accessible for at least 24 months. After 24 months, any presentation that has not been viewed in the previous 12 months will be archived. After 24 months in the archive, presentations will be removed from Mediasite.
(2) Original copies of videos uploaded to Mediasite and previous revisions of Mediasite edits will be kept for one semester. This will have no impact on the published presentation.
(3) Presentations deleted by the user will be automatically removed from the Recycle Bin after 45 days.