I'm a new user, what should I do to get started using my Zoom Pro account?
- Go to https://ufl.zoom.us/
- Click on "Sign In" to view your Zoom profile or;
- Click on "Host a Meeting" or "Join a Meeting" to start using Zoom.
- For first-time users, the web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first Zoom meeting, and is also available for manual download by visiting https://ufl.zoom.us/download
Which sign-in page should I use?
- UFL Main Login for all UF Students, Faculty and Staff
- UFH Shands Login for all Shands employees in Gainesville
- If you have Shands and Gatorlink credentials, always use your Shands login
- UFH Jacksonville Login for all Shands employees in Jacksonville
Where is the Zoom UFL-PHI Sign-in option?
- The Zoom UFL-PHI Zoom instance has been consolidated into the main UFL account, and there is a single sign-in option for everyone. User accounts that were previously assigned to the UFL-PHI instance are now assigned to a dedicated ‘UF PHI’ group inside the main UFL Zoom instance.
How can I verify if my Zoom account is in the UF PHI group?
- Your Zoom profile page in the UF portal will indicate ‘UF PHI’ in the ‘User Group’ section. You can access the profile page via the following link: https://ufl.zoom.us/profile. If you need assistance with your group membership, please contact the Help Desk.
Increasing Meeting Security:
- To enhance the security of Zoom, all new meetings generated with UF Zoom will automatically have a password set. If necessary, meeting owners will still be able to turn the password setting off for individual meetings prior to the start of a meeting using the “Edit this Meeting” button. Learn more about this and other important meeting options on Zoom's support website here.
- For additional information regarding Zoom's meeting security features, you may also visit: https://elearning.ufl.edu/keep-zoom-secure.
Can I connect with more than 300 people in a meeting?
- Webinar Licenses are available if your meeting numbers exceed 300 participants. More info can be found here.
- All UF Faculty/Staff/Students are automatically licensed for 300 person meeting rooms by default.
I already have a Zoom Paid Account. What happens to it?
- You will receive an invitation asking you to migrate to the UF account, followed by a credit for any unused balance.
- If you wish to maintain your paid account, you must change the contact e-mail address in your Zoom account to a non-ufl.edu account
To use Zoom with Outlook:
- Go to https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/200881399-Microsoft-Outlook-Plugin for detailed documentation.
Can I integrate Zoom with other services?
- We are only adding 3rd party integrations for other UF enterprise services such as Canvas, Mediasite, and Microsoft Teams. All integrations will have to complete a risk assessment before being implemented.