Zoom is an easy to use video conferencing service available to all UF students, faculty, and staff that allows for meetings of up to 100 participants. Zoom is also available in Canvas for instructors to use in their courses.
To start using your Zoom Pro account:
- Go to https://ufl.zoom.us/
- Click on "Sign In" to view your Zoom profile or;
- Click on "Host a Meeting" or "Join a Meeting" to start using Zoom.
- For first-time users, the web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first Zoom meeting, and is also available for manual download by visiting https://ufl.zoom.us/download
Which sign-in page should I use?
- UFL Main login for all UF Students, Faculty and Staff
- UFL-PHI Login for all UF Faculty and Staff from the Health Science colleges, or those working with PHI
- UFH Shands Login for all Shands employees in Gainesville
- If you have Shands and Gatorlink credentials, always use your Shands login
- UFH Jacksonville Login for all Shands employees in Jacksonville
Why am I prompted about signing into different accounts?
- UF has two main Zoom accounts: UFL and UFLPHI. Your account can be a member of only one of those accounts. If you're seeing this message you're attempting to login to the account you are not a member of. Unless you are intentionally trying to change accounts you should select 'Sign into Your Current Account'.
- Note that your account may be automatically assigned to UFLPHI based on your university affiliations. If this applies to you and your account was originally in the UFL account, you will be prompted to switch accounts and you must select 'Switch to the New Account'. You will continue to see this prompt until you do. Keep in mind that users cannot switch-out of UFLPHI when they're automatically assigned.
- The switch account process triggers an email to your contact email address to confirm the change.
I'm a new user, what should I do?
- Visit ufl.zoom.us to get started.
Can I connect more than 100 people in a meeting?
- Large meeting licenses are available for hosting meetings up to 500 participants.
I already have a Zoom Paid Account. What happens to it?
- You will receive an invitation asking you to migrate to the UF account, followed by a credit for any unused balance.
- If you wish to maintain your paid account, you must change the contact e-mail address in your Zoom account to a non-ufl.edu account
To use Zoom with Outlook:
- Go to https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/200881399-Microsoft-Outlook-Plugin for detailed documentation.